Eustachian tube dysfunction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a device out call "Ear Doc".
By The way EARDOC is explained to work is through vibrations conducted via the mastoid bone into the middle ear and eustachian tube by placing the device behind the ear and activating it.
I just bought it today. I will let you know if it works like they say it does....

There is a device out call "Ear Doc".
By The way EARDOC is explained to work is through vibrations conducted via the mastoid bone into the middle ear and eustachian tube by placing the device behind the ear and activating it.
I just bought it today. I will let you know if it works like they say it does....

Interesting concept. Strange reviews on Amazon. Some incredibly positive and some totally negative.

We await your report.

OK,Here's my review of EarDoc...It works!!!!
I used it on both ears for about a minute for 3 days before going diving this weekend
The vibration drains the Eustachian tube.
I didn't have use sudafed or flonase to dive..

the Eustachian tube and the sinuses are not connected. if you are flushing your sinuses with hypotonic (lower salt content than body fluids) plain water, you might just make the oedema (swelling) around the tube opening worse (assuming there is some ongoing swelling causing an obstruction).

the other consideration with age (especially if you're asian/chinese/cantonese) is naso-pharyngeal carcinoma which is obstructing the opening. Did your ENT Dr. do a pan-nasoendoscope? or did here merely just look into your ear (otoscopy)?

Cheers!

Never mind….
I thought it was an informative post, so I'm curious why you changed it...??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom