Anyone got a WP-DC17 housing they want to get shot of? Almost ANY condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check THIS THREAD.

It is about a company in the UK that sells the latch (buckle) assembly.

I have a G10 housing with a small crack in the buckle. The solution to preventing this on Canon housings is to close the door completely by hand pressure then flip the buckle closed. That way there is no pressure on it when the O ring seats.

Oh well,
They said they could get it but have come back with 'parts unavailable'. I guess it is the last resort epoxy......

Thanks

Check THIS THREAD.

It is about a company in the UK that sells the latch (buckle) assembly.

I have a G10 housing with a small crack in the buckle. The solution to preventing this on Canon housings is to close the door completely by hand pressure then flip the buckle closed. That way there is no pressure on it when the O ring seats.

There are a couple on eBay. When you buy an older housing, it's wise to install a fresh O-ring. These are so old the O-ring may be squared up and leaky. I've had this happen, so I'm a believer.

I know you are trying to be thrifty and green, but the newer cameras are so cheap it may be wiser to move on, because the Canon housings have a tendency to get weak springs over time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom