SRP Blurfix3 SO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dor1813

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am concerned on the colour of my videos so I ordered from SRP this Blurfix3 SO CY dome filter and at the same time, thought of fixing a close up lens when I want to shoot small subjects.

obj1189geo841pg10p3.jpg

Did I make a mistake? Can the filter be removed from the adaptor? Is it possible to screw on another lens on top of this? :confused::depressed:
I have one more day to fix up my new Gopro before flying to Manado, Lembeh Straits.
Hope someone can advise what i should do in order to shoot close ups with Gopro 3.

Thanks in advance.

Look up some posts by Marty Cerven. I think he's posted some info on using macro lenses and how he did it.

And I could be wrong too lol!

I am concerned on the colour of my videos so I ordered from SRP this Blurfix3 SO CY dome filter and at the same time, thought of fixing a close up lens when I want to shoot small subjects.

obj1189geo841pg10p3.jpg

Did I make a mistake? Can the filter be removed from the adaptor? Is it possible to screw on another lens on top of this? :confused::depressed:
I have one more day to fix up my new Gopro before flying to Manado, Lembeh Straits.
Hope someone can advise what i should do in order to shoot close ups with Gopro 3.

Thanks in advance.

Unscrew the CYAN filter ( yes u can ) , then you get the black frame with 55mm female thread t use say ND filter on land or whatever your creativity allows you for UW use with the help of step up rings, assuming 67mm is the close up lens for UW work.

There are two holes at the back of SRP frame, use that to tie bungie and loop it at camera body and tripod mount. This way you can not loose the SRP when jumping hard in water.

Have fun....

Look up some posts by Marty Cerven. I think he's posted some info on using macro lenses and how he did it.

And I could be wrong too lol!
I've searched but didn't find any that shows the SRP SO lens removal. Maybe I should PM him.

---------- Post added February 7th, 2013 at 06:36 AM ----------

Unscrew the CYAN filter ( yes u can ) , then you get the black frame with 55mm female thread t use say ND filter on land or whatever your creativity allows you for UW use with the help of step up rings, assuming 67mm is the close up lens for UW work.

There are two holes at the back of SRP frame, use that to tie bungie and loop it at camera body and tripod mount. This way you can not loose the SRP when jumping hard in water.

Have fun....
Thanks Iya.
There's no screws except for the 2 holes for the string. It looks completely sealed all round.
Can someone show me how to remove the filter from the SRP SO?

In this video it shows me unthreading the dome and adding other filters, easiest to undo filters when the adapter is on the housing as it will keep it still and you only then need to apply force in one direction to unthread a filter.

[video=youtube;u73BNgs8U6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=u73BNgs8U6c[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom