What's YOUR Favorite Shark?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's like asking a parent to pick their favorite child (fortunately I have only one, my son Kevin). I've dived caged and uncaged with great whites and they are truly amazing, but I love all sharks. Dived with them all over the Pacific, Atlantic and Caribbean. Just got back from the Bahamas and am editing my footage from four shark dives there... almost exclusively grey reef sharks.

Having just got back from a trip to Socorro, I have to say I am absolutely amazed by Silvertip sharks. One dive I had a group of 7-8 swim past me and it was awesome.

I'm with drbill, I don't really have a favourite. I do always enjoy diving with the Broadnose Sevengill sharks here, though.

318009.png

Cool on the sevengill... I have yet to see them but haven't been diving down off San Diego where they've become somewhat frequent sights.

Cool on the sevengill... I have yet to see them but haven't been diving down off San Diego where they've become somewhat frequent sights.

It's nice to hear that you can see them near San Diego too -- I was under the impression that they mostly stuck to water too deep for diving in most of the world. There's just one site where they're commonly sighted here -- a fairly accessible shore dive (or an easy boat dive if you don't fancy surface swims). They're strange-looking sharks, without that big dorsal fin we usually expect.

I saw one at La Jolla Cove when I was down in San Diego a couple of weeks ago. I was told that they are fairly commonly seen there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i like all sharks i have dived with black/white tip reef sharks, bull sharks leopard sharks, whale sharks and basking sharks all great encounters i would love to see the mighty great white and some hammerheads and tigers ..

I think mine would be[FONT=arial, sans-serif] Rhincodon Typus (Whale Shark)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Because they are immense, beautiful and graceful creatures, the largest fish in the ocean that eat the smallest creatures in the ocean. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I have not dove with them yet but i definatley will sometime when i gather the money together :p [/FONT]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom