My Socorro Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Truly amazing ! Very good shots and fine editing, bravo.
Which kind of equipment do you have ?

Thank you very much. I am using a Canon Vixia HV30, an Ikelite housing, and a Fantasea Big Eye wide angle wet lens. Also I used a red filter and the camera was set on Auto. I wish I would have taken more time on the processing of some of the clips to get better color saturation and white balance. I'm still learning the depths of my editing software. Thanks again to you and everyone else. As an amature I greatly appreciate any and all comments and crituque.

Last edited:
It is a true privilege sir. So much stuff... the sharks, the other sharks, the other sharks... a whale... mantas... wow. Must have been a spectacular dive. How deep were you? It looks around 90-120 ft range judging by water column.

The entire trip was excellent. The dives at Roca Partida were sensory overload for sure. Funny story regarding the whale... Everyone was enjoying this manta that was swimming around us, then we see the whale and calf swimming by. Naturally everyone swims to get closer to the whales. As I was moving towards them as well I just happened to look back to see how far away from the rock we were and that manta was following us out into the blue ha ha. I swear I could hear it saying "Hey guys where you goin?". I couldn't help but laugh.
Depths were a little shallower, 60-80ish on most of the shots. We had quite a few overcast days that made a lot of the dives a bit darker. Also at Roca there were a couple areas that had upwellings of very cold dark water. That's where the sharks seemed to like to congregate.

Back
Top Bottom