Tranquility Bay Resort, north Ambergris Caye, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may have been but it may not have been, which was my point. An excuse will be made to discredit the previous management, right, wrong or indifferent.

Again I ask TBR, who or which dive op is handling the guests dives. This should not be a secret and one would think could be told with some measure of pride?

I expressed my concerns way back when this thread was started and since then have been in contact with the resort and I have even heard from one of the owners. I have been assured that I will be able to dive right from the resort as I have in the many past trips I have made to TBR. I first started diving there before they had a dive shop on site and never experienced any trouble then and I am not expecting any trouble when I get there in a couple of weeks. In my previous four trips to the resort there have 3 different managers and had a great time each trip. Seems to be the way it is, so as long as they continue to offer diving to the many great sites up at the north end of the island, I'll be happy. I will make sure that I report back here after I get back as there seems to be alot of concern.

thank you for the info orb56. .pls let us know how ur trip
was,when u come back. .

They went back to Canada where Isabelle recently gave birth to a baby boy. Carlos is contactable via Facebook.

We spent a week at TBR in August, vowing to return. Honestly, Carlos and Isabelle were high on the list of reasons to return so I'll watch upcoming reviews here and on Trip Advisor with interest and attention. The summer rate for the room we had is up >26%. :p

Hi Peter,
Yes management has changed but please be aware that our dive center is fully operational. We have an excellent Dive Master on staff and access to a Dive Instructor from Scuba School Belize.
We have completed many dives with our guests in the past months with divers of all levels and they have been happy with their dives and the staff.
Please let us know if you would like any other information on our facilities and/or staff.
Regards,
Pete Cervantes
Manager
Tranquility Bay Resort

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2013 at 09:03 AM ----------

Hi,
Tranquility Bay Resort is providing all dive operations from our fully staffed dive shop.

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2013 at 09:16 AM ----------

Hi,
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed staying at Tranquility Bay in the past and we hope that you will come to visit us again in the future.
Our dive shop is fully operational and staffed with an excellent Dive Master and support staff.
We have been conducting dive from the Resort for months with great success and very complimentary comments from our divers.
Incidentally Pany is still here.
Best regards,
Pete Cervantes
Manager
Tranquility Bay Resort

Pete at Tranquility, do you have nitro available for your guests?

I promised to report back, so here I am! The wedding went off without a hitch, and TBR proved to be every bit amazing as the pictures on the website. We only did two dives, mainly due to windy weather conditions and being busy with other activities. Both dives were decent...just not a TON to see...but that's as diving goes...another group did a shallow dive and saw a bunch of neat stuff. Yemen is a wonderful DM, and the boat captain was great! His briefs were detailed and he was good about pointing things out, and checking air etc. The equipement seemed to be well maintained...no complaints! I'd say that dive operations are alive and well at TBR!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom