Scubapro Mk16 S550

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well the guy selling said it is 5 years old and was serviced every year has about 60 dives, so as of right now its ready to dive. But im still getting it serviced, and even if it has no problems im still spending around $140?

Since it has been serviced every year and since Scubapro recently went to a schedule of every other year for full service, you might be able to get an "inspection and adjustment" from your LDS to inspect and adjust anything that needs it without a full service. That should cost less than the full service since you aren't buying the service kits.

Cost me $88 in my neck of the woods. Parts and labor. So it varies a bit.

---------- Post added February 15th, 2013 at 04:57 PM ----------

Well the guy selling said it is 5 years old and was serviced every year has about 60 dives, so as of right now its ready to dive. But im still getting it serviced, and even if it has no problems im still spending around $140?

That's cool. Peace of mind. Even at around $300 it will be a better performer than a new scubapro reg at that price point; if there is one at that price point.

We do not care where you got it at the LDS I teach out of. Tech here will even go online to check on its service history for you.

I wish more shops are as enlightened as yours. However, some shops are not and will give the owner a hard time. Better be safe than sorry.

If you tell them that you just want them to check it for operation then it is just an inspection and should cost around $25...perform an actual service and it will cost what I quoted earlier.

cool, ill see what i come up with when it arrives. Thanks for all the info, im pretty excited i finally got all my gear

Congrats again on a good purchase, although I don't know if a diver can ever really have "all" of their gear. There is always something else to buy....

lol very true!! Definitely completed my primary items though, thanks for all your help this site is great

Hey guys one more question. How should i store my set, is it ok sitting in a box in a A/C room?

Back
Top Bottom