Going to Kauai July 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just did one trip with the crew from Bubbles Below and had a wonderful time. The crew was super friendly and performed all the equipment swap between the dives. They had snacks and refreshments on board. Did one dive west of Port Allen and the other East of Port Allen (Amber's Arches and General Store <--not really sure why they called the second dive site that name). The boat was fast, stable and had seating for everyone. There was a mild current at the General Store (second dive site) but nothing that would have over exerted you or been dangerous.

If the weather allows, do go to Ni'ihau. I just snorkeled there but it was wonderful. The water around Lehua Rock/Island is crystal clear and it didn't bother me that I did not have my scuba gear. A beginner or accomplished free diver will have plenty to see as there are shallow plateaus and steep abyssal drops, but a few yards from shore.

Another vote for Bubbles Below here.

Which of their dives was your favorite? The North Shore and Mana Crack look very interesting.

Seasport sucks. Poor handling your gear, and will let anyone go on the dive even they got certified 8 years prior and no dives since. Happened to us. Fathom five is better. But if you want the best dive operation on the island go with Bubbles Below.
I've been to Ni'ihau twice with Seasport and had excellent dives with no issues whatsoever. We (my fiancee and I ) were questioned about dive history and last dives, and never had novice divers on the Ni'ihau trip. As for the local dives, that was different. Novices were there, but we were allowed to do what we wanted.
As far as gear goes, no one handles my gear but me. If the boat crew puts it together, I go over everything. As a certified diver, you should be assembling and caring for your own gear. IMHO.
Charlie

I've been to Ni'ihau twice with Seasport and had excellent dives with no issues whatsoever. We (my fiancee and I ) were questioned about dive history and last dives, and never had novice divers on the Ni'ihau trip. As for the local dives, that was different. Novices were there, but we were allowed to do what we wanted.
As far as gear goes, no one handles my gear but me. If the boat crew puts it together, I go over everything. As a certified diver, you should be assembling and caring for your own gear. IMHO.
Charlie

I set up my own gear. The problem with Seasport is when you show up at the shop they put your gear in a van to take to the boat. They put my BC on the bottom and loaded lots of heavy stuff on top of it!

Which of their dives was your favorite? The North Shore and Mana Crack look very interesting.

Napali coast was pretty cool, Niihau was awesome. I liked Niihau better than ANYWHERE else I have been diving.

Napali coast was pretty cool, Niihau was awesome. I liked Niihau better than ANYWHERE else I have been diving.

Have you ever dove the backwall at Molokini? That is one of my favorite dives. Is it comparable to that?

I dove a 2 tank shore dive at Koloa Landing one morning and a 2 tank south shore boat dive at Hale O'Honu and one down the shore a little ways called Ambers something or other lol, loved them both. But what really made Bubbles Below stand out for me was my wife was doing the discover scuba and the DM did an awesome job getting get down and staying right there the whole time and seeing that she had a good time, I was really impressed.

Have you ever dove the backwall at Molokini? That is one of my favorite dives. Is it comparable to that?

Much better than Molokini back wall.

Jeff

---------- Post added February 19th, 2013 at 12:17 PM ----------

I dove a 2 tank shore dive at Koloa Landing one morning and a 2 tank south shore boat dive at Hale O'Honu and one down the shore a little ways called Ambers something or other lol, loved them both. But what really made Bubbles Below stand out for me was my wife was doing the discover scuba and the DM did an awesome job getting get down and staying right there the whole time and seeing that she had a good time, I was really impressed.

Ambers Arches. Named by the dive operator Linda, after her daughter, Amber. Also an employee there.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom