Amazing Sea Lion Encounter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is awesome! I'm in OC, where was that?

The encounter was in the South Bay, near Hermosa and Redondo beaches...

---------- Post added February 19th, 2013 at 07:26 AM ----------

That was amazing! I hope you don't mind, but I shared that on my FB feed.

I wonder what age the pups are weaned at? He looks like such a baby.

I'm flattered that you want to share my video! I don't mind people sharing at all, as long as it links back to the original video. Thanks! Rick

That video was great. I particularly liked how when you shooed him away, he swam around and hopped right back up on the kayak. That reminds me of my dogs when I shoo them off of the couch.

Thanks for sharing!

Awesome encounter. Haahaha you had to paddle backwards. I liked your conversation with your (wife?) where you said that he looks so sad. Shows that men have feelings too... take that girls.

I noticed you had the hatch open when pup jumped aboard. Do you normally keep it open? I figure a wave would probably sink the sit on top? I just bought perception sport caster 12.6 sit on top fishing kayak and that is one of my concerns. I am fairly certain the front hatch is water resistant and not necessarily water proof.

I too though he might be hiding from a predator. Glad to hear he was only cold.

Very cool video

that would scare the crapbubbles out of me if something that size jumped around me during a night dive..................great life experience, thanks for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom