Need help fast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys....

Just realized the map I was looking at has Crawfish rock on southside east of cocoview. So I referred to another map that show crawfish rock on both sides. So then I referred to a third map that showed crawfish rock in BETWEEN Fantasy and Cocoview. Having been to both of those resorts it does seem quite unlikely to be there. Doh!

Google Earth is a product of the masses. This here might be wrong, but you only have me to blame:

Picture33-2png.jpeg

If sandflies are non-starter, then definitely Roatan should be off their list. :^)

My wife and I have been to Utila about 15 trips and Roatan about 10 trips. We love the Bay Islands but hate the bugs, no-see-ums on Utila and sand flies on Roatan. The best stuff I have found is called BuggSpray that we buy online, but.... If I am going to spend a wheelbarrow fully of money to go to the tropics to dive, we want to be able to hang by the pool, read outside on the deck, lounge in the sand and soak up the sunshine, have a beer in a hammock....all the usual between dive activities. And I don't want to have to slather my skin in DEET just to be outside. All that said, I have found the bugs seem to bother about half the folks I have met diving on the Bay Islands. Unfortunately we are in the well-eaten 50%. So now we skip the Bay Islands and go to Little Cayman...costs us less and no bugs.

So now we skip the Bay Islands and go to Little Cayman...costs us less and no bugs.

Note post #7, the OP has changed directions~ not Little Cayman. Maybe there's a property in the Bahamas or St Croix to sell?

LBR is one of our favorites on Utila....A trip to LBR is like going home for us.

What changed since January? :hm:

Hey Doc,

Since we have been to Laguna Beach Resort so many times, know the owners Troy and Edith, got married on the beach at LBR by the mayor of Utila, are personal friends with the boat captains....a trip to LBR is like going home. The people and resort are fantastic, but the bugs are brutal. Like I said, some folks who visit the Bay Islands are not bothered and other are eaten alive. My wife and I get eaten alive.

That said, our choice of Little Cayman as one of our favorites in the Caribbean has little to do with the specials that are offered at dive shows. We also have specials for Belize, Palau, Yap, Ambon and Lembeh (Indonesia), etc. We have found the food at LCBR to be the best we have found at any all-inclusive. The rooms are first class, diving with Reef Divers is excellent, dive sites great, the pool after diving perfect, and if my wife opts not to dive she can hang by the pool all day and not be bothered by bugs. Plus we can get to LCBR for about $2,000 less than a similar trip to the Bay Islands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom