Barbados Dive Operators - Last Minute Decision Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dierenarts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Week and a half away from our 10 day trip to Barbados. I've read quite a few threads about dive operators. Do plan a trip up north and will dive with Reefers and Wreckers.

We're staying in a condo in Hastings, Christ Church. We prefer non-cattle boat, smaller operators but safe and knowledgeable ones. We have our own wetsuits, mask and snorkels but need to rent BCDs etc.

Suggested outfits have been Eco, Dive Barbados and Barbados Blue (great reviews and staff, but I'm a little hessitent about hotel crowds). Last minute heads ups or reviews greatly appreciated!

Koen

My question would be if a shop is not busy there could be a reason. If you want small go with Eco dive they are good and provide a small boat with personal service. Both Dive Barbados/The Dive Shop (always wonder about confusion over the company name) and Barbados Blue have larger more comfortable boats but may be busier. I don't know about the other but BCD, Reg, weights and tanks are included in dive price at BB. It's the time in water that is important, I don't know if you need a private charter to enjoy under the sea bt no dive shop can control visibility, the creatures, sea conditions or how many dive boats show up at a particular dive site at one time. I always say "leave everything you don't need on the shore, that includes stress, worry, work, attitude and expectations." Whatever you choose accept what is available and enjoy your vacation.

I used Scuba Shack in 2008 good people picked me up at cruise port 8 on the boat with plenty of room! If they are still around I would use them again.

+1 for Eco Dive. I have never dove there my self but I know there tight with Al Dive in Dominica who is in my opinion the best no Cattle Boat Shop in all the Land!

would love to hear your experience/s. i am heading to Barbados on March 15. Last year I dove with Reefers & Wreckers for 2 days in order to get my AOW (although I had been diving for 30 years, it was not an "issue" until recently). due to constraints of AOW we did one wreck and maybe one other site. would like to hear your experience.

would love to hear your experience/s. i am heading to Barbados on March 15. Last year I dove with Reefers & Wreckers for 2 days in order to get my AOW (although I had been diving for 30 years, it was not an "issue" until recently). due to constraints of AOW we did one wreck and maybe one other site. would like to hear your experience.

I use "the Dive Shop" Great experienced crew. Large boat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom