Bahamas or Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LynnB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi my son his gf and a few other couples want to do a trip this summer....
they want someplace with nice uncrowded beaches and option for a few good dives.
Something with easy access from Atlanta with condos to rent.
I know this is Bahamas thread but are open to any suggestions for Caribbean also.

thanks

Hi Lynn. My only experience diving outside the US is Bonaire and that doesn't sound like what they are looking for. I'm sure there will be lots of good options given by fellow SBers.

Actually, I've also done Aruba. Not as good for diving but lots of nice beaches and other things to do.

Nice beaches and diving don't usually go together from what I'm told. Of course, a boat that could take them aways out could reach some good sites perhaps. Obviously Grand Cayman is known for both '7 Mile Beach' and scuba diving, for example.

It's said the best Bahamas diving is by Live-aboard, due to distance from the main islands. If you check into Bahamas diving, be mindful that they'll be doing strictly charter boat trips (since the group in question doesn't sound like live-aboard material right now).

Any idea what all they want to do besides dive? Drink & party? Wander around town & shop? Dance? Take a jungle tour? See Mayan ruins? Parasail?

Richard.

Lynn, check out Turks & Caicos. Delta flies there direct from ATL. Providenciales has one of the top beaches in the world, Grace Bay Beach. The diving there is fantastic, if you don't mind taking a slightly longer boat ride out to West Caicos or French Cay (about 45 minutes, I think). I did those areas via liveaboard two years ago and loved it.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the condo situation. I expect there are some, but my only experience on land was at one of the hotels on Grace Bay beach.

James

Lynn, check out Turks & Caicos. Delta flies there direct from ATL. Providenciales has one of the top beaches in the world, Grace Bay Beach. The diving there is fantastic, if you don't mind taking a slightly longer boat ride out to West Caicos or French Cay (about 45 minutes, I think). I did those areas via liveaboard two years ago and loved it.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the condo situation. I expect there are some, but my only experience on land was at one of the hotels on Grace Bay beach.

James
I agree with everything James said. And there's condo complexes. vrbo.com lists some:
VRBO® is Vacation Rentals By Owner - Providenciales - Condo+Villa rentals

Also many nicer resorts and a few AI's also. It can be a little pricey though. I'd much rather go there than the Bahamas - the diving is better - equal to or better than Cayman since they have similar deep walls. It's also a very pleasant, laid back place with some nightlife if desired.
Beautiful by Nature - Turks and Caicos Islands - Turks and Caicos Tourist Board

Hey Lynn,

how about Cancun Mexico. Cheap flights and lots of options what to do on your vacation. Check it out

Coconut Divers Cancun

they don't want Mexico

St. Johns.

Back
Top Bottom