Dual Survival TV Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
Just caught a major turkey channel flipping on My parents cable channel. Dual Survival is a poor man's survival guide. Two idiots lost in a hostile environment, one military trained, one a student of native survival strategies... Both idiots.

This is the only episode I saw but it was pretty bad. I stayed on it because they were supposed to be lost cave divers. No diving. They started off in a Belize cave with some SCUBA gear. Looked like crap rental gear the local shop was going to chuck, but sold to these knuckle heads for an inflated price.

They were pretending to be lost cave divers that had surfaced OOA deep in a cave. they went over this one set of gear to see what to take along. they kept the BCD, gauges off the reg, the two head mounted lamps and one flashlight and used the exposure suit as a knap-sack.

They get out of the cave and they are taking apart the magnets on the mask defogger (who owns one of those things and why are they in a cave?) to make a compass.

My daughters couldn't understand why these guys didn't have a compass or line and only 3 lights between the two of them... I pointed out that if they had everything a proper cave diver would carry it wouln't be much of a show...

The bes part was one of the guys was getting ripped to shredds on the plants because he had shorts and no shoes.... but he was wearing an exposure suit for a knap-sack. Pretty annoying pair.

Agreed. One of the dumbest shows ever produced. City couch potatoes may believe their chap.

It's auto-correct via Tapatalk 2, figure it out. :D

It served it purpose. Got you two to watch. :wink:

It served it purpose. Got you two to watch. :wink:

Only long enough to throw a BS flag and grab the remote.

It's auto-correct via Tapatalk 2, figure it out. :D

it's entertainment but I think the key point that they are trying to get across is no matter what situation you find yourself in - stay calm, assess the situation, and deal with it rationally. And it's much better than the fake reality shows like Amish Mafia and c* like that. It's an impossibility due to their faith. The only thing like it was one of their ?pastors? that was upset with some things and went about forcibly trimming some of the men's beards. -- That actually made national news.

haven't seen Amish Mafia, did see Witness about a billion years ago.... when ever you have the religous zealots you will see abuse within a group. If we could have some Amish divers chip in about their personal experiences with the AM we might be able to decide which show is more BS....

What I do know is there was a guy complaining about bugs and plants cutting him up on his feet and legs while wearing an exposure suit (with feet) as a knapsack. If that doesn't bother you, well the existance of Amish thugs should not be much of a stretch....

I've caught a couple of episodes. It's pretty ridiculous. Entertaining but ridiculous. I also get the feeling that a lot of it is staged.

caught an episode last night about a diver that got some EQ caught on the reef and the boat left w/o him in FIJI (i know this sounds somewhat familiar for some reason). For some reason the "guy" ditched all of the gear and CESA to surface instead of staying calm & freeing the gear. was interesting to see them turn the tank & hoses into a makeshift desalinization unit. would have thought the corrugated would have melted in the heat- probably would after a while - maybe bamboo at the neck with the hoses feeding from it would be better. I missed seeing how the hell they got the tank valve off though!!!

lets see - the eq they had.. jacket bc,mask,fins,snorkel, reg with octo & spg, dive knife.
they had to swim down to get all the eq except for the fins which had washed up on the island. who would ditch their mask & fins?????????

I saw that show but missed how he got the valve off the tank?

caught an episode last night about a diver that got some EQ caught on the reef and the boat left w/o him in FIJI (i know this sounds somewhat familiar for some reason). For some reason the "guy" ditched all of the gear and CESA to surface instead of staying calm & freeing the gear. was interesting to see them turn the tank & hoses into a makeshift desalinization unit. would have thought the corrugated would have melted in the heat- probably would after a while - maybe bamboo at the neck with the hoses feeding from it would be better. I missed seeing how the hell they got the tank valve off though!!!

lets see - the eq they had.. jacket bc,mask,fins,snorkel, reg with octo & spg, dive knife.
they had to swim down to get all the eq except for the fins which had washed up on the island. who would ditch their mask & fins?????????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

getting the valve off would be very easy... a rock would work fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom