dry gloves - help me find....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for the dry gloves with latex wrist seals (no ring system). Anyone have a source? Saw them on a technical information page (not a point of sale). Thanks if you can help.

Take a glove set and glue a set of latex seals to them.

The problem with that style of glove is past a certain depth they will compress pretty hard on your hand since they are not being equalized. What that means to you is they will not be as warm.

Take a glove set and glue a set of latex seals to them.

The problem with that style of glove is past a certain depth they will compress pretty hard on your hand since they are not being equalized. What that means to you is they will not be as warm.

I have heard of people using some of the stiffer coffee-stirrer straws underneath the seal on seal to provide a means for the glove to equalize a bit with the suit. I assume it would be the stiff variety. Haven't tried it myself; I use DUI Zip gloves.

Bingo! But now I have to still find who has them....

As to the compression issue, there are a few options, including using a heavy sock cut to allow your fingers out the end, and a hole for your thumb. The bulk passes air. Essentially you use the latex seal from the DS and the latex seal from the glove as a lapped barrier.... Just playing with an idea....Sure, if you get a leak, you are getting a bunch.....

Thanks!

Bingo! But now I have to still find who has them....

As to the compression issue, there are a few options, including using a heavy sock cut to allow your fingers out the end, and a hole for your thumb. The bulk passes air. Essentially you use the latex seal from the DS and the latex seal from the glove as a lapped barrier.... Just playing with an idea....Sure, if you get a leak, you are getting a bunch.....

Thanks!
Bob, I just extend my undergarment past the neo seal a little to facilitate air and eliminate the glove squeeze. I dive a Seasoft TX3 compressed neo drysuit.Works great and my hands stay warm. As far as leaks go, speaking from experience, it seems that the air in the suit slows down the entry of the water a little. Also found you don't mind the cold sensation as much when the rest of you is toasty. And as you know we are in 33-35* F water in the river.

Bob, I just extend my undergarment past the neo seal a little to facilitate air and eliminate the glove squeeze

Extend the sleeve? Tony, Tony, Tony.... you forgot how long my arms are.......:sad:

Oh, Yeah, you are not a short one like me!! Go with the sock routine!:D

Back
Top Bottom