Nightly F Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Further to the PM I sent you, reading the whole of this very usefull thread I realized that GUE Fundies is totally different to the UTD Essentials, though similar in philosophy. I found out that there is a GUE Instructor here in Greece. Any further information you can provide on going down the GUE road after the Essentials course will be greatly appreciated :)

I disagree that Fundies is "totally different" from Essentials. If nothing else they are a lot more alike than different. Here in Monterey I have dove with divers who took Essentials and Fundies without any issues with intergration.

Posted via Mobile Device

I think they are far more the same than they are different, and far more different from other, more mainstream diving classes.

I would highly recommend GUE if you are interested in pursuing a DIR path to cave diving. I think the technical training from both agencies will be very good. A lot will depend on what kind of community you have available to you, because part of this kind of diving is that you have to have like-minded divers to dive WITH to get the most out of it.

The more I read about DIR the more I want to at least get aquainted with its philosophy. This will happen during my Essentials course. I will take it from there. I just bought a second hand back inflation BC at a very low price, so if I choose to head to the dark side I won't have lost much money. Truth is I've yet to see someone diving with DIR equipment where I've been diving, but my two regular buddies will be doing the Essentials with me, so I might well end up with like-minded divers. The only problem is that there is only 1 UTD and 1 GUE instructor over here, so fingers crossed that we get along.

...That, of course, led to a question about recreational diving (since that's all I ever intend to do)...

:rofl3:

If you ever want to head to Mermet, or Lake Michigan, let me know.

By sheer coincidence, this thread got resurrected on the same day Dan and I planned a weekend on Lake Michigan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom