Isla Guadalupe White Shark Diving with Islander Charters: Late report/trip review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everyone, great to see some chatter about Guadalupe! Just to verify, crease123 is absolutely right: we have 4 cages - 1 at the surface, 1 at 15 feet, and 2 cages submersible to 40 feet.

It is job number one for us to provide the best possible experience for all of our guests, so we have ensured that there are plenty of options and space available for 25 people.

For more information, you can always email us at info@nautilusexplorer.com. We also do our very best to monitor the forums here and provide insight where we can.

Best regards,
Nautilus Explorer

Hello crease123
I also want to embark on a shark diving holiday in guadalupe this year and am facing the same problems you faced trying to compare companies/boats to go with. Some companies seem to focus more on luxury travel than others and seeing as they are all pretty much the same price I want to make sure I investigate as much as I can before committing to such a large payment! Have you managed to obtain any further information that might help?
Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated - thank you!

Hello crease123
I also want to embark on a shark diving holiday in guadalupe this year and am facing the same problems you faced trying to compare companies/boats to go with. Some companies seem to focus more on luxury travel than others and seeing as they are all pretty much the same price I want to make sure I investigate as much as I can before committing to such a large payment! Have you managed to obtain any further information that might help?
Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated - thank you!

Anybody have any recent reviews of Nautilus Explorer to Guadalupe??

Hey Shark123 & wdjpvaz,

Thanks for thinking of us and inquiring about reviews. I have copied below a review that came to us recently from a returning guest who just ventured Socorro with us January 17th – 25th. You can also find interesting, timely and entertaining (usually!) guest blogs and daily trip reports at Nautilus At Sea . Cheers!

I just wanted to let you know that this trip was excellent !
Great staff, boat operation was up to your standards!!!
All the staff performed as well as one could expect -- upbeat, caring yet professional.
I wanted two comment on two that stood out however--- The Captain Gordon and the Dive Master Joel.
Gordon went above expectations with his good nature and helpfulness in a professional manner.
I have not experienced a better dive master than Joel. Very thorough, and in a friendly way explained the serious (and fun) on each dive spot. And English was his second language -- wow.

Anyway, great trip -- as you know Humpbacks, Mantas, Hammerheads, etc -- list goes on --- nothing left off the list!!!

Looking to this fall on the Swell and next year
-Tom H. Puyallup, WA

I have just booked yesterday with Nautilus Explorer leaving July 28th to Guadalupe, I am very excited to be going on this trip. Managed to get a direct flight this morning with BA, not cheap, but arrive into San Diego on the 27th.

A quick question, just a little concerned that as this is the first trip of the season if this potentially means that there will be fewer sharks around ? I wondered if anyone had any experience of the number of sightings in the first week of August from previous trips ?

I must add the customer service and information provided by Nautilus Explorer has been first class.

Wossa - Thank you so much for your inquiry.

The sharks sightings in Guadalupe is pretty consistent during the season.

There are several different "seasons" at Guadalupe. In the end of July / early August, you see more male sharks. This is our favourite time to dive because there are few or no other boats. The sharks are really fresh as they haven't seen divers since the previous November. This is when we see lots of frisky males. In September, we start to see smaller females showing up and lots of males. October is when we see the big females. You may not see as many sharks around at this time because the big ones scare away the 'little' guys. Winter weather rolls in the middle of November which means the end of the season for us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom