What fits behind these nauticam ports OM-D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually if I look at the updated chart the 8mm is finally listed also with the 3.5" dome no extension required.
http://www.nauticam.com/images/attach/mirrorless_il_port_system_chart.pdf
Where have you seen the recommended extension?

Anyway I have been looking at the charts from Nauticam but they have been very slow to update them (but that is understandable at times). The 3.5" dome works very well with the 8mm lens. I have been using it in about 10 dives and very very pleased with it. And according to some other tests who have tried it and compared to the 4.33" dome the focusing distance is closer with the 3.5" dome (if you are after CFWA).

Also the charts will often just state what is a first match but not necessarily a "consumer" best match. If I where to buy a 60mm macro lens why would I need to buy a port they list which I do not have while I do have the 12-50mm port which would work fine? Part of the great advantage to such interactive forum is to learn and compare to who independently has tried the various lenses and combinations...

My bad, the 20mm extension is for the Olympus 12 F/2 a lens which was first reported to be getting a new port. The extension allows an existing port to be used.

Regarding the 60 macro it can be used with three different ports which have the 67mm thread, the 65 designed for the lens, the 45 used for the Panasonic 45 and Sony 30 for NEX and the 35 for the Sony DSLR lens. The 45 with a 20 mm extension and the 35 with a 30 mm extension. While I have used the 60 macro with the 12-50 port with great success, it required a new 77mm flip adapter or a 77 to 67 step down ring which did not allow the full range of the lens with the 67mm flip adapter for use with a 67mm closeup lens. I am sure that nauticam's thinking is that some may not be happy with not being able to use stuff they already own with the 12-50 port and therefore don't list it as an option even though it works.

The port charts were updated in Jan of 2013 and again yesterday so I am not sure how often you feel they should be updated or if you have been looking at the charts from Nautican Int.

Anyway the difference between the 4.33, 100mm and 3.5 inch domes for the Panasonic 8mm are not all that different, the 170mm port will work much better for split images while the 3.5 will get you is closer to a subject, both things different photographers are looking for.

Phil Rudin

Hi,
i just tried the 8mm lens with the 3,5" dome port, unfortunately i noticed some vignetting on the 2 lower corners of the image.
The camera/lens seems to be not aligned with the port!
Has somebody noticed this? Is there any way to correct it?
Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom