Playa Del Carmen dive shop recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue sky buckeye

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are heading to Playa in a few weeks and would appreciate recommendations for reputable dive shops in PDC. We are staying in a condo on the beach in Playacar phase I. We are also planning a day trip to dive/snorkel Cozumel so a shop that could set that up as well would be great. There will be 3 divers (Mom, Dad and 13 yr old) and two snorkelers ( 7 and 10 yrs old). Thanks in advance.

Agree on Dive Mike(try to get Anna as your DM). Tank Ha is good too, and run their own boat over to Cozumel.

I dove with Abyss a few weeks ago..top notch outfit!

I just got back yesterday from PDC, dove with Mexico Blue Dream. It was my second time in PDC and both times I've found them to be excellent. Friendly, welcoming and very professional. Lots of good options, I'm sure you'll have a blast.

+1 for Abyss (Playa del Carmen Diving with The Abyss Dive Center). Dave the owner has always taken excellent care of us, we must have dove with Abyss on 5+ vacations now and I wouldn't use anyone else in Playa. Small groups, we've gone out with as few as my wife and I plus DM. Never more than 5 plus DM. The smaller groups really make a difference in the quality of dive you can get, as there are less people to scare off the wildlife, fight with for photo time, etc, and the DM can take more time to show you some of the smaller macro life as well. Dave will also be able to discuss your dive experience and tailor the dive plan/sites to your experience level. Playa has some great sites, my wife even prefers it over Cozumel. Speaking of Coz, Aldora will run a late boat for divers coming over on the ferry, if you arrange it ahead of time. Have fun and dive safe!

I highly recommend looking into doing a Cenote dive while you're there - one of the most unique and special dives I've done

Back
Top Bottom