Semi-dry for women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cagrace

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!
I am looking to buy a semi-dry suit. I recently ordered what I thought was a ladies SCUBAPRO Nova Scotia, only to find out they sent me a men's suit because they no longer make the ladies version.
The men's medium fits me fine from the waist down, but the arms and shoulders and under the arms are a bit loose (and I have an athletic, ex-gymnast build, so I'm not small and thin up top).
My question is whether anyone out there has found a ladies semi-dry that they like? Or, are you using a men's fit of a Nova Scotia or other manufacturer's suit that fits just fine?
I'm also wondering if the loose upper body is something that I will find with any manufacturer's men's suit...
Any thoughts/advice would be very helpful!
Thanks!
CGM

Hi! Sorry to hear that. Is there a specific reason why you are going with a semi dry? Just curious. I've tried on multiple lines of dry suits in unisex and they never seem to fit me right. I've also tried on 5 different semi-dry suits (2 made specifically for women) and none of them ever fit great anywhere. I just purchased the Whites Fit Fusion specifically designed for women. The one I tried on fits great and mine arrives this weekend. I also have an "athletic" build. I danced for 17 years, played volleyball for 20ish years, and have weightlifted and did bodybuilding for 15ish years. I definitely have hips and a chest with good lats and this is the only suit that I feel comfortable in and still look a bit like a girl. :wink:

Sorry I'm not much more help!

I have a waterproof suit and it fits snugly
the cut is sex matched and waterproof also offers in-between sizes

Yeah I second what bluephoenix says. Go with waterproof. Theres about 5000 different size options and I've yet to meet someone who hasn't found a waterproof suit that fits them right. As for what jewelofnile69 says....I also kinda agree. I absolutely adore my Fusion Fit and if you're going with a semi dry because you have issues with getting cold, might as well just go for the dry suit. And because the fusion suits are more or less fitted suits, you can wear them in any temp water.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Posts have been removed as they are inappropriate to this forum. This forum is call Women's Perspectives, and we will not tolerate any posts that might discourage women from sharing their perspectives. Let this be a good resource for women. If you want to make suggestive or rude comments, do it somewhere else. For more information, please review the special rules of this forum: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/wo...-special-rules-womens-perspectives-forum.html

Cheers,
M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom