Favorite Liveaboard Destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nirajpatel13

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am an average recreational diver. (I've done about 50-60 dives, my favorite being in Borneo and Philippines and many non-favorites)

I am considering doing a week liveaboard trip, but have to convince my wife to do so....she isnt keen on spending a whole week on the boat.

So, to coax her, I need to find a top dive destination to go.

Where have your favorite liveaboard dives locations been (aside from quality of the boat)?
Red Sea? Cocos? Micronesia?

thanks
Niraj

A couple of years ago my daughter and I did the Similan Islands in Thailand. We spent a week on the Junk. Scuba diving in Phuket Thailand and Timor Leste, Liveaboard diving trips - The Junk. The rooms very nice, not luxury, but nice. The food was very good and a wide variety. The crew was great, very friendly and experienced. They even put the ship under sail on the return trip back to port. I thought the DMs/Guides were excellent; both had several years diving on the Junk and knew the waters. The Similan Islands were great for diving and on most dives we were the only boat there. There were a few shore excursions that were nice.

As my GF gets more involved with diving I would love to take her on this Liveaboard.

Have a great trip...

~Oldbear~

I have to agree with greylion! I've been on many liveaboards, with most being bigger boats, but you can't beat the Naia or Fiji for great diving advenures! Let's face it......as long as you have a place to lay your head at night, have good food inbetween dives, fabulous dives that you never want to end, and a great crew working their butt off to make sure your every need and want is taken care of....what else do you need? They also take you ashore to visit a Fijian tribe that your wife will love!

Your wife might like: SCUBA Diving | Paul Gauguin Cruises

They probably won't do enough diving to satisfy an avid diver though.
Rangiroa and Fakarava are supposed to be exceptional.

DiverSteve,

About how many dives per day do they do? This does look interesting.

~me~

Fiji.

Rangiroa is great and beautiful too, but don't know of any traditional liveaboards.

---------- Post added March 15th, 2013 at 04:36 PM ----------

BTW, I noticed you mentioned Cocos. Pick that if you'd like to get divorced or at least no more liveaboards together. I believe it's either 24 or 36 hours out to the island, and then I don't think you get off much.

Favorite or most exotic?

Favorite is the Belize sun dancer since it is close enough to easily do a 1 week trip in 7 days. So we get to do it more often.

Most exotic was in PNG between walindi and Rabaul on new Britain island. That took much more travel time to get there and back.

Back
Top Bottom