Cressi gara professional ld heel slip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travis Bourbeau

Registered
Reaction score
I'm switching to cressi professional ld freedive fins. Having never used a foot pocket im curious as to proper fit. With a boot, the fit feels snug...a good fot, except i have small heels and notice slight slippage. Should these fit like a wetsuit? My question to anyone with experiance using these if this is normal, or if i'm antatomically incorrect for a foot pocket.

Thanks for any advice anyones willing to share.

You do NOT wear those with a boot. You can wear them with a neoprene sock, but the footpocket is not designed to accomodate a sole.

Try the fin on and sit in a chair and TRY to kick it off. If it stays on and is reasonably stable, then it probably fits. If you can kick out of it, you probably need the next size down. They should be snug, but not uncomfortable.

Thank you for the advice. My mistake, im using a 5mm sock not a boot. I can kick but was curious they fit snug and dont fly off with a Hard kick...having never used the foot pocket i fear a small amount of slippage would equal a lost fin once in water. The running shoes comparison makes sense as well.

Thanks.

Just saw that your location is Ca....the water is in the 50's....so thin socks like I suggested will make your feet cold...but 5mm booties can be sloppy....3 mm is a lot more optimal if your feet can stay warm enough. Maybe electric heated socks :)

If these foot pockets are too big for you with the 3 mm booties....you can see about different foot pockets ....with my Dive R's or most of my other free diving fins, there are interchangeable foot pockets- so if your Cressis are similar, you should be able to go down one size.
If your foot pockets are not interchangeable, then you could try really working up a spectacular orthotic that fill up the foot pocket a bit....this may be enough....this would also include building up the right and left sides of your heels so they grab better.

If you feel like the power transfer should be fine, a lot of us freedivers that use the fins with footpockets use fin-keepers. Check them out. Pretty much makes it impossible to lose the fins.

If you feel like the power transfer should be fine, a lot of us freedivers that use the fins with footpockets use fin-keepers. Check them out. Pretty much makes it impossible to lose the fins.
x2. The fin keepers really help. Cressi makes them, so does Riffe.

Back
Top Bottom