Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hbhobby

Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to puerto rico this summer and of corse i want to go diving. Where can i get a list of good dive shops that offer trips? I am looking for two days with a night dive?

Need to know where in PR you will be, it's a big island.

There are many posts in this forum about Puerto Rico. It comes down to where you are going on the island. Check the shops on padi.com and the other certifying agencies.

I just came back form my beautiful island yesterday......Dove in Guanica and Ponce...Both awesome and beautiful . Water was crustal clear...you could see the bottom 70 ft below form the boat... I will be posting a trip report soon...Let me know if you need any assistance...

Not much diving in and around San Juan. There is a small cove near the old Hilton that is used for shore diving and training. The better diving is in the west and south. I dove out of Humacao and it was nice.

I did my AOW in PR with Scuba Dogs Net - English - Puerto Rico (Scuba, Diving, Sport, Buceo, Natacion, Natación, Travel, Swimming) They also arranged three trips out of Humacao for me.

PR Dive Sites.jpg
http://www.experience-puertorico.com/map/isla(new).jpg

Have fun...

~Oldbear~

How can i see that map but bigger?

I looked for a larger & more clearer map before I posted the one I did. You might have to find a better map of PR than look at divesites on this one.

I wish I had a better map :(

I posted this already in another PR thread. This book divides PR in areas, the best diving is in the South West.

Check this website www.divewestpr.com alos or look at other information I have posted about my island. I just returned form PR last week, so if you have any specific question please dont hesitate to ask me.

See below:

I would suggest as a start by reading this book "The Complete Diving Guide The Caribbean" Volume three by Colleen Ryan and Brian Savage. htis volume covers PR, US VI and BVI. You can get the PR ( Including the Spanish Virgin island - Vieques and Culebra) only chapters in Kindle version from Amazon or in PDF version from the vendor at www.caribdiveguide.com . Eventhough this book was published in 1998 it will be a great start to undestand diving in PR.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom