Diving the Oil Rigs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A very nice boat and the ability to get to some of the less dived local spots, Here's her link: Selky Charters

Some recent video footage from a rigs trip with Selky Charters.

[video=vimeo;60944568]https://vimeo.com/60944568[/video]

What dive boat are you going to be on?

Hi Keith,

The Sundiver (sundiver.net) is going on April 21st...am I going to see you on board with me? :)

---------- Post added March 23rd, 2013 at 10:59 PM ----------

Hi guys,

Thanks all for the great pics/videos and advice about diving in the Oil Rigs. I'm signing up to do the dive :) Stay wet!

Cheers,
-Tyler

Hi Keith,

The Sundiver (sundiver.net) is going on April 21st...am I going to see you on board with me? :)

---No------- Post added March 23rd, 2013 at 10:59 PM --------

-Tyler

No, I'm not a big fan of Kayaa... So probably not on any of the boats she captains... I'd rather even have the owner "old angry ray" back....thanks for the kind of invite...

I am coming in from the East Coast to dive the oil rigs for the first time on Sunday, April 7. I am diving with Adam of CustomizedScuba.com, and there are several spots available on the boat. Join us!

Jonathan

I am coming in from the East Coast to dive the oil rigs for the first time on Sunday, April 7. I am diving with Adam of CustomizedScuba.com, and there are several spots available on the boat. Join us!
Jonathan

Did you dive the oil rigs on April 7th? I went out to the oil rigs and the visibility was terrible, and the current was pretty strong. We only did one dive and headed back to the dock. Captain Jerry was generous enough to give us a refund. What a great guy.

Hi Keith,

---------- Post added March 23rd, 2013 at 10:59 PM ----------

Hi guys,

Thanks all for the great pics/videos and advice about diving in the Oil Rigs. I'm signing up to do the dive :) Stay wet!

Cheers,
-Tyler

tphelps,

I will see you on the Sundiver Express this coming Sunday for rigs, and look forward to diving with you again :D While it was great diving the Yukon with you this past weekend, please don't drop your GoPro again :D We had great luck recovering it from the Yukon, however, if you "drop it" while diving the rigs, it's a whole different story, LOL I won't be bringing my rebreather this Sunday, therefore "diving to the bottom of the rigs to look for it", is pretty much out the window :) See ya' Sunday !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom