Leisurepro bait and switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fatterboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Did anyone else see the leisurepro facebook add for the Aeris 5 Oceans BCD for $199.00? It wasn't up long and when you click the link it went to Leisurepro's page listing the BCD for $349.95. Thats just wrong! If you're gonna ad for it, DO IT! Needless to say, they won't be getting any more of my business and I will discourage anyone else I can speak to.:no: In Arkansas that's bait and switch...and it's illegal.

Not sure if this was the case this time, but in the past I have seen the same thing, only to find that if I used the link from the email, then the right price came up. Also a buddy of mine was telling me a couple of weeks ago he ordered this exact same BCD deal if I recall correctly.

If you have a copy of the ad...........never mind.

LP has given me nothing but top notch treatment including some cases where they clearly bent rules to accomodate. I really think you encountered a glitch, not a devious business practice.

Pete

Was this a limited sale? When did you click on the link?

I'd contact them after Passover and see what they can do for you. (they are closed until the 3rd)

Something not right here. I've never seen anything like this with LeisurePro, and I've never heard of them doing "bait and switch". I've dealt with them for nearly 20 years, and have only good things to say.
Looks to me like an over-reaction for what is likely "user error" or some other malfunction. I could be wrong. I was once. :wink:

Was this a limited sale? When did you click on the link?

I'd contact them after Passover and see what they can do for you. (they are closed until the 3rd)

The link was about 1-1 1/2 pages down on my fb, it had 4-5 comments on it where people had tried to purchase the BCD and no one could get thru. I left the fb page up, ate dinner and came back to it at which time "this page has been removed" was all I could get. Won't buy it now anyway.

I have had them switch things on me. But it's always been to a newer model at the price of the discontinued item. For example I ordered and paid for the Oceanic v3 but they sent the v4 at the v3 price. They did the same with the a Henderson wetsuit. Can't really complain about that! :D

I guess I shouldn't complain too much, my Seaquest is only 5 years old and holding up fine. I don't have to worry about how much it weighs, I wear it on the plane. It was just dissappointing to click the link repeatedly and not get what I was expecting. I have heard stupidity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Have never had anything but excellent service from LP. Their deals are great as are their return policies. The one site that I have had issues with is Scuba.com who routinely place deals under the hot deals section that are anything but hot and are mostly not even appealing.

To the OP there are times with all stores that a link can lead to a mistaken page. If that happens again contact them and I am absolutely certain that they will rectify it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom