First GoPro Video from Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent..got to get back! Nice to see some donkeys still out and about!

Enjoyed the video. what did you use for a filter and grip? thinking about getting one and curious. the silver looks like it does a great job.
guessing the first dive was Oil Slick if so it turned out great with a ray and a turtle among the usual suspects.
thanks for posting.

Enjoyed the video. what did you use for a filter and grip? thinking about getting one and curious. the silver looks like it does a great job.
guessing the first dive was Oil Slick if so it turned out great with a ray and a turtle among the usual suspects.
thanks for posting.

Thanks, yes that was Oil Slick Leap. The clips are not really in order, I believe the ray was seen at Bachelor's Beach. Did not see the manta we saw that last two trips. I am using the Light & Motion double tray and a Backscatter Flip 3 filter right now.

Light & Motion Dual Light Tray for GoPro? Cameras [lmi.800.0177.a] - $99.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
Backscatter Flip3 Underwater Color Correction Filter for GoPro Hero3 Housing

Is there no sound? I have a personal preference for leaving the sound in for dives, because it sounds pretty cool, in my opinion. Or just add a generic music track.

Maybe just my computer.

Nice video! Hope my first attempt next month will be as successful...

Couple of questions: what camera settings (fps etc.) did you use? Were you using the default "wide" mode? Were the lights always on?
What depth were you diving at?

...and one small suggestion: in doing underwater photo I concluded the best shots were when the subject was at eye level or slightly above. this is not so easy to do as your own human "default" is to look downwards, but going down "under" the fish is imho worth the ensuing neck cramps ;-)

Best of luck with post prod!

Rene

Is there no sound? I have a personal preference for leaving the sound in for dives, because it sounds pretty cool, in my opinion. Or just add a generic music track.

Maybe just my computer.

No it is me, did not spend much time on editing and did not add a soundtrack.

Nice first video. Good to add some music to videos. Best to shoot at eye-level or lower.

1080 30FPS Medium. Lights were on most of them time but I don't notice any effect unless 5 ft or closer to the subject. Most dives were around 40 ft

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom