Fundies on Monday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobaChef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
At long last(ok hasn't really been that long), I finally got a class locked in and I'm so excited to start on Monday. If I'm still able to move by the time Liam is done with me, I'll post a nightly report.

The nightly F report rides again!

Have fun with your class. It's a great learning experience.

Congrats - this type of thread is my favorite. I'm not DIR but trending that way. Ordered Doing It Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving tonight to make sure I know what I think I know about it so far. (interesting ordeal in itself - shipping was 8 dollars cheaper ordering if from GUE's site instead of Extreme-Exposure's. Near as I can tell - they're one block apart on the same street in High Springs. Doesn't make sense.)

Good luck!

Last edited:
I was lucky that Even though I did my training through PADI, all of my instructors were also GUE trained, so I've been mentored from the very beginning in DIR. I agree that it seems very intimidating and strict when you look at it from the outside, but once you get into it and see all the pieces come together like a well oiled machine, it just blows your mind how flexible and well thought out the system really is.

Good luck! Looking forward to the reports.

Enjoy the experience.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts about the class.

Cheers,
Mitch

You are very lucky. You are learning from one of the best. And of the the nicest guys you'll meet to boot.

I assume you are doing it out of Dive Center Bondi? They have a great setup for GUE divers and when I have been there have been super accomodating. Can't say enough nice things about Liam or his business.

You are very lucky. You are learning from one of the best. And of the the nicest guys you'll meet to boot.

I assume you are doing it out of Dive Center Bondi? They have a great setup for GUE divers and when I have been there have been super accomodating. Can't say enough nice things about Liam or his business.

Hey Oz! I read your F report when you did it with Liam, great stuff. I've been diving out of DCB for all of my training. If you can believe it, they've gotten even better and really have gone the extra mile to help me get out and improve my skills and have a load of fun while doing it. It's going to be an amazing experience, no doubt about it.

Hey Oz! I read your F report when you did it with Liam, great stuff. I've been diving out of DCB for all of my training. If you can believe it, they've gotten even better and really have gone the extra mile to help me get out and improve my skills and have a load of fun while doing it. It's going to be an amazing experience, no doubt about it.

Just to clarify, while I did some of my fundies dives based out of DCB, my Instructor was Nick.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom