Amer-Sea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amw5g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Occasionally I see Amer-Sea products (esp. regulators) pop up for sale used. But I cannot find anything on this company. All references are from 6+ years ago and all links are long dead. That alone tells me stay way. But even so, curious as to who they are, what happened, and if their equip is legit and still serviceable. So any thoughts?
Much obliged,
Amw 5G

Amersea was a great mfr. It was all made in the US and had an unconditional lifetime warranty by the co. I understand that Mike, (the owner) threw in the towel a while back. I had a large shop both in Florida and Phoenix and sold tons of his gear. Weight belts bags and BC's were great. Regs were private labeled generic. Loved his gear. Getting ready to start up again and hope He still has some. Great rental gear too, lasts a long time and easy to repair.

I agree,

It was a great company, and I enjoyed many of their products. I still use one of their tech bc today. If I could have made it happen would have bought the patent and production rights when he closed down.

Most of the gear is easily serviced without manufacture support or parts.

Back
Top Bottom