Can it be fixed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hashsaz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi to whom it may professional in fixing wetsuit tears,

I know that wetsuit tears can be repaired by using neoprene adhesive and tap.

However, it's kinda hard for me to get the repair kits in Malaysia unless i buy it somewhere out of the country.

Would like to ask the possibility to fix my wetsuit with the condition as image below:
image.jpg

It broke from the neck part till the triceps' part (near to back zipper). If you want to know the reason: an idiot pulled it during interval stop.

Just wanna know the possibility to fix it before i spend the money to get the adhesive and tap oversea. Hope it can be fixed as wetsuit has been following me for 8 years.

Thanks,
Hash

Repairs work OK when you can glue them closed like any other seam and then fortify with tape, backing material or even thread. That rip is substantial and ugly. Could you patch it together? I'm sure I could if it were the only option. Where you seem commited to diving I'd save it as neoprene arts and craft material and get something new for diving.

With your dibve count and 8 years of use I suspect this has seen more than occasional use and is probably spent anyhow.

Pete

Hashsaz, I think it might be fixable, but you would need to send it to a wetsuit tailor. Here on Phuket I know of three of these tailor shops, and I've had my own wetsuits repaired/altered in the past. What your wetsuit would require for repair I can't say, but I can send you the name and email address of a reasonably-priced tailor shop here and you can liaise directly with them regarding shipping and repair estimates. Drop me a PM if you'd like my help.

Repairs work OK when you can glue them closed like any other seam and then fortify with tape, backing material or even thread. That rip is substantial and ugly. Could you patch it together? I'm sure I could if it were the only option. Where you seem commited to diving I'd save it as neoprene arts and craft material and get something new for diving.

With your dibve count and 8 years of use I suspect this has seen more than occasional use and is probably spent anyhow.

Pete

Thanks for your reply, i have another wetsuit anyway which i use often. This wetsuit was my very first wetsuit, bought right after i got my ow certif. Didn't use much since I got a better wetsuit. Kinda upset anyway as it looks new still with well maintain.

i believe i'm a careful person, should be no problem to fix it as long as it can be fixed. Else, as you said, save it as art or maybe cut it half as dive pant.

---------- Post added April 8th, 2013 at 07:05 PM ----------

Hashsaz, I think it might be fixable, but you would need to send it to a wetsuit tailor. Here on Phuket I know of three of these tailor shops, and I've had my own wetsuits repaired/altered in the past. What your wetsuit would require for repair I can't say, but I can send you the name and email address of a reasonably-priced tailor shop here and you can liaise directly with them regarding shipping and repair estimates. Drop me a PM if you'd like my help.

Thanks. Alright, i'd love to know about that. Will pm you later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom