Marsa Alam or El Quesir?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sindbad8

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I'm trying to figure out whether to base myself at a resort in El Quesir or Marsa Alam for scuba diving for one week in April. Will be flying into Marsa Alam airport. Can any one pls suggest which might be better? I'm worried that being in El Quesir -- even though it has convenient short diving -- may be more of a hassle for getting to really good sites, such as Elphinstone. Or maybe that's not a problem? Just trying to figure out which location, logistically, makes more sense for spectacular dives. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

airport is midway between quseir north and marsa alam south...
both towns are very primitive so you will be directly linked to your resort.
if you are just here for diving head for shagra where you are having a very good house reef and 30 min in RIB to elphinstone.
else, all dive operators in that area will provide you with the needed transportation and dive plan...
enjoy :)

Hi,

Stay in between at Coraya Bay opposite the airport , good house reef diving protected from winds it can get get choppy out there in April ! I am heading to Quseir myself next week flying into RMF.
Madinat Coraya

Marsa-Shagra camp northern Marsa Alam is one of the best places there

If you're only worried because the logistics regarding getting to Elphinstone you should absolutely stay in Marsa Alam. There are more dive site accessible with daily boats from Marsa Alam but the town is nicer in El Queaeir. If you just want wicked diving and don't need the Piccadilly Circus that Elphinstone has become you stay in Safaga which has the best daily diving in The Egyptian Red Sea.

Find out more on different locations along the Red Sea coast from WELCOME TO AZIAB

Hope you have a great holiday!

...a...

Hi again,

I just got back from Quseir yesterday, we had 3 days almost mirror and 4 days VERY choppy sea force 6 - 5 ( it must have been though on a liveaboard to say the least ) Sea temp 23 - 24°C, air temp at shore 30 - 25°, nights 19 - 18° cold feel. Underwater visibility not the greatest, the fish must have been hiding except for one enormous Napoleon the size of a bicycle at Abu Sauatir. Had my 5 mm semidry with hood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom