Cuba Diving US citizen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Part of the trade embargo is Cuba does not recognize certain US companies and organizations like PADI. It's my understanding I have to be certified down there by one of the accepted organizations.

---------- Post added April 16th, 2013 at 11:41 AM ----------

Check out this summary:
Americans in Cuba - Wikitravel

Like any other shady activity, don't bring attention to yourself as no good can come of it. Should you make your trip successfully, bragging about it on Facebook could lead to a chat with authorities as they do not have to catch you crossing the border to procacute. You don't want to be the example.

Bob
-------------------------------
I have no knowledge of, nor would I discuss if I did have any knowledge of any such event, if it did in fact occur.

Reason for public post is I'm not interested in doing anything shady especially when it comes to international travel post 9/11. I would lose my career and that's not worth it. I have family in Cuba I can visit so I qualify for a special license and believe I can do about all normal tourists do when visiting family except I am capped by the $183 spending per diem. Just seeing if any American has done this and how expensive and what hassles compared to Cozemal or Hondoras...etc.

Yeah just ask Hugo Chavez

Ah I believe I said Cuba not Venezuela. I know Venezuela well I have a close business associate there. Venezuelan health care (like their prisons) are atrocious in fact world renown for how miserable they are. Try not to confuse countries based simply on their economic structure. Cuba is not Venezuela in this critical way. Ask Fidel Castro.

:shakehead:

Chavez went to Cuba for cancer treatment...

Carlito35, what state are you in? Here in CA, there are non-profit agencies that will get the necessary Visas for you and arrange your trip.

RV:
ROFLMMFAO:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Ah Cuban medical care better than Thailand, hondoras, mexico, fiji, Indonesia and many other exotic dive locals. Now can we get back to my post?

probably not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom