Roatan--- Splash Inn or Bananarama?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since you want a beach, you'll likely be disappointed at Georphi's. First of all, it's across the road from the water. At that particular spot in the West End the road gets pretty close to the water so there's little accessible beach right in front. The building left of the dock in this photo is West End Divers - about 100?' east of Georphi's: http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/3531386.jpg In all fairness, this may have been high tide - I seem to recall a little more beach there - but the rocks/road don't change. This is the water taxi dock also.

The beach widens past there going east to the Lost Paradise/Sueno Del Mar properties - there's a small point of land as the road turns and heads towards Luna Beach and eventually (about 2mi?) to West Bay.

But seriously, if you want to walk from your room onto a decent beach, you should be looking in West Bay. Except for Sueno Del Mar - I've only seen it from the water - so don't know what it's like.

Also many properties in that area are fronted by bars, restaurants, shops etc. Rotisserie Chicken is in front of Georphi's (it's popular - and how I know where Georphi's is) and just east are the Twisted Toucan and Nova bars - Nova is/was popular. Based on the post above, if you leave the windows open, you're going to hear it. And loud groups, scooters, etc on the road.

But it's also great fun - we chose the West End for that. But I wouldn't want to have to sleep behind it. From about Weds. there were people out late at night - I rented a place on the east point of Half Moon Bay - a 5-10min. walk from town. At night, on our deck, we could hear the West End.

Maybe this will help orient you. SCUBA 007 -- ROATAN TRAVEL NOTES -- Double click on each area on the bottom right map - it shows everything in the West End and West Bay. When you double click on the center of the West End map - Georphi's is right in the middle.

Last edited:
I guess it all depends on how early you go to bed. Weeknights and Sunday is all over at midnight. Friday and Saturday go until 2 I think.

Agreed, earlier in the week probably closer to 10PM. But Georphi's isn't:

We are looking for a place that we can stay to enjoy the beach

Sueno del mar it is then!! :)

Thank you guys for all your help. I think I got a plan in the works!

We'll stay in West Bay at Bananarama for 3-4 nights first, then stay at one of the budget places in West End for a night or two (depending on our work schedules) to enjoy the nightlife and off gas... Total time there will be 5 days or so. Enough time to get around 10 dives, enjoy the beach, food, and nightlife a little. God I need this vacation!

Thanks again guys. I can only hope to one day be as well traveled as the members of SB!

For future reference, Blue Bahia in Sandy Bay is also a good option. Not expensive but nice, small and friendly, 5 stars on TripAdvisor, good dive school/shop onsite, one of the best restaurants on the island and the beach is right there. It's not West Bay but it's still nice...and West End is a $6 cab ride away.

Blue Bahia Resort - Roatan - home

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom