Dumb Question scubapro cam bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently bought a scubapro tek pure complete system and i just received it the other day and i have a question about the cam bands. When I go to close the cam (no tank being used) the cam will not close fully (it closes but will not stay in place) so if i pull it flips opens. I am assuming this is just because there is not enough pressure on it when i close it and when i put it on a tank it will not be an issue. I know this is a pretty dumb question, but I asked one of the sales people at leisurepro and they told me they should close and not reopen regardless. The biggest problem is, I am in China right now and set to go diving at layang layang in a few weeks on a liveaboard, so while i cant wait to try out this new kit, i have reservations about bringing it.

As I said i am in china and i dont own a tank and there really arent dive shops around unless i go to hong kong.

SP cambands don't really close firmly unless they're on a tank. Perhaps you could find something like a large pipe to try it out on and make you feel confident in it before you go.

stick your leg in it...

They will open up unless under tension. There is nothing to "hold" them closed.

thanks, I feel a lot better now. I had a feeling that was the case, but got a little concerned when leisure pro told me differently.

Yes, it is the tension that ensures closure; finding a cylinder of some sort to match a tank would allow you to adjust and test before travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom