What's on your diving bucket list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My scuba bucket list, things pertaining to scuba I have yet to do, includes the following:
1. Dive the Red Sea
2. Have a 20 day or longer dedicated dive trip with at least 16 dive days
3. Great Lakes wreck diving
4. Get my wife to dive with me in the kelp off Catalina (she thinks its too cold)
5. Dive Cuba.
Once I get those done I'll have more. These are my current priorities, or dreams. Reality is a 6 day run down to the Keys in June, several week ends in local waters this summer teaching, and a week in Mexico in November.THEN I'll work on the list.
DivemasterDennis

I want to dive and see a clown fish in its natural habitat I have always been fascinated by clown fish.

The Golden Triangle- all of it :)
S.Africa

Personally I like diving seasons. If I could have the money I would dive an area for a year and see how it changes through the months. The places I have dived thus far: NZ, Philippines, Sharm, Maldives, Thailand, Malaysia and Djibouti have all had their seaonal variances- some months are action packed; others are good at discovering new animals.

I guess I'm easy to please.....
1) Be in the game long enough to dive with my grandsons (pending interest), now 20 months & -2 months.
2) I haven't given up hope of diving with at least one of my daughters
3) Continue to have rewarding mentoring relationships
4) Have my wife get back in the game.
5) Dive in the tropics a few more times.

Here are a couple (not ranked in order)
- Cocos
- Socorro
- Guadalupe
- Sudan
- Filippines
- French Polynesia
- Sardine run in SA
- Truk Lagoon (especially jellyfish lake)

The list can go on and on and on...

A BRONZE Cannon and Pirate treasure!!...and for me it "could/should/may" happen this year..wowow!!...you can folow www.bluetreasure.me blog if you want to see what happens..but after all this at 58yo I am just as excited about the "history"...and then there is the "new ship" still on the bucket list which goes on and on..but one step at a time!!!

I think its quite odd that so many people have mentioned south africa for great whites, I would think Guadalupe is the best place to see great whites (i have never been to either though), much warmer water with much better visibility.
I had made a bucket list a few years back and accomplished some, but still have a lot to go

Sipadan (Went last year)
Layang layang (going next month)
Komodo (went last year)
Raja Ampat
French Polynesia, specifically Rangiroa
Galapagos
Fiji
Socorro
Tiger Beach, Grand Bahamas

Also a few things I want to see,
Whale Sharks
Hammerheads (especially great hammerhead)
Tiger Sharks
Great Whites
Whales
Marlin/Sailfish
(I assumed most of these will be taken care of with the list above)

My bucket runneth over ... but a couple weeks ago I was able to take the Mexican caves off the list, in a couple months I'll be able to remove Great Lakes wreck diving, and two months after that I'll be able to remove Raja Ampat.

Still floating around near the top of the bucket ... Galapagos, Socorro Islands, Red Sea, PNG, and the caves of Abaco ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

- Truk Lagoon (especially jellyfish lake)

The list can go on and on and on...

I hope the list includes Palau... if you want to see Jellyfish Lake.

Back
Top Bottom