Aqualung Mistral

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoyN

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, does anybody have the new Aqualung Mistral that nobody want to use? I'm willing to pay around $300 to $400 depending on the condition and service of it, also if Din, thats a bonus, doesn't need octopus or any other hose.

*bump*

Still looking for one

*bump*

Still looking for one

*bump*

Still looking for one

The ebay price on those things is in the mid $500s and up so you are a little low. That said, those are really bad examples of double hose regs. They do not have a proper venturi in the second stage and the hoses are cludged together from a rebreather, way to large and floaty for a DH reg. I have yet to find a diver who likes them....and I dive with a lot of DH divers. You are much better off with a DA or Royal Aquamaster that has been upgraded, the cost is roughtly the same as the ebay price of a new Mistral and you are way ahead from a performance standpoint. A DA or RAM fully tricked out can hold it's own with most regs on the market today performance wise.

What I find interesting is that these were being sold on clearance several years ago for under $200. I was tempted to buy one but the performance issues scared me off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom