Oceanic Geo 2.0 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g550driver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just returned from a dive trip to Cozumel... I noticed that while airborne, the computer showed EL7 during fight.. I figured this had something to do with the cabin altitude but never noticed that before on previous flights... As the aircraft descended, that number lowered until we landed at which point it showed EL3 and stayed that way for the entire dive vacation.

So.. I figured that the computer thinks I am at 3000' elevation and doing some altitude diving.. this really made my dives a pain in the ass.. My bottom times were limited, PO2 was maxing out...etc..

I pulled the battery and that did nothing... Oceanic told me to do a soft reboot by shorting out the +/- connections in the watch after removing the battery.. That also yielded no results.

I am back home in Houston now and the Geo 2.0 still shows EL3... :shakehead:

Any recommendations other than send it in to Oceanic? Any idea why this would have happened? "Playing" with the watch in flight should not have resulted in this pressure sensing error:confused:.. IMHO..

I guess it's time to buy a different backup or primary computer..Although, I really liked this Geo 2.0 until this occured.

Did you happen to check the "conservative" factor setting?

Sorry to say if the soft reboot doesn't correct the issue it sounds like its toast. How old is it? I have heard reports of Oceanic replacing computers, even ones out of warranty. Let us know how this turns out. Good luck.

Yes, I'd like to know also since I recently purchased an Oceanic 2.0 and, so far, no issues with flying vs. diving. However, if something DID go wrong like this it would be good to know what Oceanic does to solve the problem.

Sorry to say if the soft reboot doesn't correct the issue it sounds like its toast. How old is it? I have heard reports of Oceanic replacing computers, even ones out of warranty. Let us know how this turns out. Good luck.

Luckily, my two years is up in July!! I'll keep this post updated .

Thanks, and sorry I misread your original post. That was before coffee.

Well, I received a Geo 2.0 from Oceanic.. It was a refurbished unit (which looks like new)... I was told that my original needed a new pressure sensor and it's about a 3-4 week turnaround, thus they replace it with a tested refurb to expedite the process..

Well, I received a Geo 2.0 from Oceanic.. It was a refurbished unit (which looks like new)... I was told that my original needed a new pressure sensor and it's about a 3-4 week turnaround, thus they replace it with a tested refurb to expedite the process..

Nice, glad it worked ok, thanks for the update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom