CSSP Sunday, April 28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Island Frog and I hit CSSP for the first time in a while (nearly two years for me). The visibility was about the second best I've ever seen it. We had probably over 20 feet in some places, and almost nowhere we went had less than 12. Of course, that thermocline at 23 feet was pretty sharp...my computer showed 57 degrees. For me, that's a shade (or two) beyond "comfortable" (go ahead...call me a weenie. I don't care.) We still managed to get an hour underwater, so it was all good. I tried out my new DIY UW LED video lights ( I know, that's a lot of alphabet, there). They work! They aren't going to light up the night like a HID, but TWO of them cost me less than a hundred bucks...housings, lamps, tray and all. Very acceptable results, so I'd say it's a success.

Hope to see y'all on the next one!

Wups, left that out. I had 68 or 69 degrees on the surface (depending on location), and that was fairly steady down to the thermocline. Cool, but not that bad.

Back
Top Bottom