Underwater Sounds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whales singing, disgruntled lobsters, parrot fish crunching on coral, boats going overhead, my buddy yelling to look because he didn't have a tank banger.

Whales singing, disgruntled lobsters, parrot fish crunching on coral, boats going overhead, my buddy yelling to look because he didn't have a tank banger.
Good, tank bangers is for people who want to scare the wildlife away..

A fishing boat Captain banging with a sledge on his propellor shaft. We were on a Dive boat, and we all came back to the boat, thinking a recall. Never mind......

Terry

The usual plus the Sub in Aruba which I believe is electric and makes this ire high pitched whine. We saw it on a previous dive and all the dive masters/instructors swam towards it on a frantic pace. I thought something was wrong and was keeping up. They all just stopped and waved and then went back to the drift dive. On the surface they were commenting that in as many dives in the past they had never physically seen it. I wasn't impressed :-/

I have also heard explosions from "dynamite fishing" in a number of Pacific/Asian countries. Very disconcerting.

I have also heard explosions from "dynamite fishing" in a number of Pacific/Asian countries. Very disconcerting.
And very bad for your eardrums if you get too close Id think..

The engines of the TransCaribe in Cozumel while diving on Villa Blanca; the "woosch" of the wings/fins (whatever they're called) on large spotted eagle rays passing by on a dive site in Belize.

I think the worst sound to me, and its not really just a sound, is containerships going by. Theire so big and noisy and you can feel your entire body vibrating from the sound waves even when theire several nautical miles away from you..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom