CDX-5 Primary regulator Converter to 300 BAR DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter69_56

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am trying to get 5 off - 300 BAR DIN converter kits for oceanic CDX-5. I have checked the regulator end thread and it appears to be about 0.620" diameter and 24 TPI.

I have been asking about and it appears a difficult one to resolve. I did however find that my Mk 11 Scubapro DIN fitting is also 24 TPI and screws in just fine. The pictures are of the K valve fitting currently on the regulators. Is the Scubapro Mk 11 kit a generic kit and thus would fit my CDX-5 as well? If not can anyone recommend a kit to use? I posted this elsewhere but it was an old 2009 post so probably the wrong place to post.
002.jpg003.jpg005.jpg

And if they weren't so exorbitantly expensive I would. Around $135 when generic ones sell for $30 with other brands selling on the market for $50-$75. I don't mind buying for a fair and reasonable price however my opinion is that price they are overpriced for the market, and certainly overpriced for me.

I can buy a new regulator for the price of a genuine conversion kit + selling the regs second hand, which means I save on a service cost and have a brand new reg to boot, which I may yet do. They would however be a different brand regulator.

Years ago it was the other way round....Scubapro DIN converters were outrageously expensive and the Oceanic ones less so and more available.
I commonly converted MK10's and 20's to DIN with Oceanic parts.

Scubapro haven't changed the dimensions of their yoke/DIN fittings, don't know about Oceanic but I suspect they haven't either.
I don't think there's such a thing as a generic DIN converter, it's just a happy coincidence that some manufacturers have the same size fittings.

Last edited:
Looks like they get ripped off on scuba aswell. :(
Overhere that thing would cost around € 69.00
Maybe OP should think about a (dive)trip overseas.

Checked Scubapro DIn fittings and the thread size is the same but insufficient in length. Will have to use the oceanic converters or buy new regs, but not oceanic this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom