EPL-5 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering as to whether anyone has actually seen or used one of Olympus' new housings for the new EPL-5 Pen camera?
They are listed as being the PT-EP10. . .
Also would be interested in knowing if Nauticam or anyone else has plans to produce one? Nauticam produced their version for the EPL-3 camera and is an outstanding little housing. . .
Any info would be gratefully received. . .
Kindest regards
Bruce

Hi! I am waiting for a 10bar model - or a confirmation, that the epl5 fits in the nauticam epl3 housing. (I need a bit more depth than the oly housings can offer)

Has anyone had any experience with the EPL-5 and a 10bar or Nauticam housing?

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering as to whether anyone has actually seen or used one of Olympus' new housings for the new EPL-5 Pen camera?
They are listed as being the PT-EP10. . .
Also would be interested in knowing if Nauticam or anyone else has plans to produce one? Nauticam produced their version for the EPL-3 camera and is an outstanding little housing. . .
Any info would be gratefully received. . .
Kindest regards
Bruce

I'm using the Oly PT-EP10 housing with the EPL-5. So far I'm fairly happy with the housing these past 3 months in the tropics.
One issue I have is the camea mode dial can be difficult to turn when diving below 110 feet. All other buttons and dials work fine. I once was a cold water BC Canada diver and think the smallish buttons would be a challenge with 1/4" neoprene gloves.The fiber optics work great with dual S&S YS-110a strobes in manual or TTL.

Has anyone had any experience with the EPL-5 and a 10bar or Nauticam housing?

Unfortunately my 10bar housing won't arrive in time for my diving trip next week :(. But hopefully I can report back early July.

I just saw the nauticam housing on a European site (absent on nauticam.com) . Costs around 1k€ +VAT here WITHOUT ports. If the 10bar housing is as good as advertised then I don't see the price of the nauticam one justified.

BTW does anyone know how can I attach a zinc sacrificial anode to the housing?

I have a 10bar case I used with my gf2 and now a nauticam for my om-d. The 10bar is quite functional, but the buttons are inconvenient, though it works. The zoom/controls for lenses are next to useless though, you have to twist and press to get it to move in a jerky fashion. By the time you finish, you have to reframe and whatever you wanted to shoot would be gone. There were some other issues, but they were model specific (dome for 8mm interfered with the flash screwdown)

It is less expensive, but works very well IF you can deal with a few things. If you just want to shoot under water, go for it. ESPECIALLY if you will use primes or just leave the lens at a set length.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom