Grand Cayman Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove w/ Turtle Diver's and their great. You'll really enjoy the personal experience. They are very safety conscience too. I'm jealous!!

I think that there are many great dive ops on GC. Everyone has their favorites (mine is DiveTech). A lot depends on where you are staying - I don't think you specified. Many places have their local dive shop at the place, with lockers, rinse tanks, etc. That would be a good place to start, at least.

GC also have some great shore diving too, which shouldn't be missed, in my opinion. Most shore dive locations have a dive shop associated with them, and you are required to rent tanks from them.

Just finished Kittiwake this morning. We swam through the whole ship. I am not wreck certified, and nobody asked. Guided for 1st 20 mins, then on our own for 25 more. We went where ever we wanted. We went with Red Sail since we are diving mainly East End with Tortuga (great op!). Red Sail at Westin was OK, not great. Kittiwake was OK at best, love wrecks but this is so "prepared" it was a bit boring. 2nd dive at Aquarium was straight boring. Plus, got used to 100'+ viz, was 40-50 maybe out west.

Bump. Anyone been down lately?

Another vote for Epic divers. Just a note, just because Red Sail has large boats does not make them a "cattle" operator, they are the in house dive op for Westin. which ever operator you chose here head towards North West Point for swim throughs (Big Tunnels, Orange Canyon, Round Rock, Trinity Caves). North wall is a very shear drop, favourite sites would be Princess Penny's, Round-a-bout, Andy's wall and Penny's arch. IF you have the chance to get to the East End head to the south east corner for the Maze.

just because Red Sail has large boats does not make them a "cattle" operator
No, that would be the 22 divers I counted jumping off their boat one morning. (our DM told us to watch)
In all fairness likely 2-3 of them were DM's since I believe Red Sail also lives by the 8divers/DM rule.

Back
Top Bottom