Hollis F1s vs ScupbPro Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Is there any signifigant difference in performance between the Hollis F1 fin and the ScubaPro Jet fin?

I am gearing up to start my GUE Fundies course this summer and hopefully start cave training next winter.

BTW...I really like the old fashion plain black fin so pretty colors and yellow tips are not a big wiith me, just performance. I have even been toying with the idea of getting one for wet diving and the other a size larger for dry diving.

Thanks,

~Oldbear~

F1's are REALLY BIG, quite heavy, and very powerful. I like them a bunch. That being said, I also own Turtles (so a "pseudo-Jet"). Great for maneuvering and slightly less weight.

I'd give a slight nod to the F1 for raw power, but the Jet for finesse....

I'd go with your "wish", and get both!!!!!! :cool2: I know I would have a hard time giving either up.....

I have a pair of both. I like the smaller size of my jets, but i like that the bottom of the foot pocket comes further back towards my heel on the f1's. My jets are pretty old so they may have altered the design by now but i think they are still the same. Both work great. As i'm sure you already know the F1's come with spring straps on them already.

F1's are REALLY BIG, quite heavy, and very powerful. I like them a bunch. That being said, I also own Turtles (so a "pseudo-Jet"). Great for maneuvering and slightly less weight.

I'd give a slight nod to the F1 for raw power, but the Jet for finesse....

I'd go with your "wish", and get both!!!!!! :cool2: I know I would have a hard time giving either up.....

I also have both. I get about 1-1/2 times the power off the F1's than the Jets.

Do you think the Jets would work better on the "finesse" type kicks?

I think the foot pockets of the F1s are more comfortable than the jets.

For me F1's are more comfortable and more powerfull. They are also longer, so they are a pain to pack and more likely to hit something in a tight spot.
The missus loves them because I got the yellow tips and there's never any doubt about who's me. It's also good when trying to pick who's who in an underwater photo ;-)

I can't say that the outcome of a kick has less finesse than a jet, but obviously you need less oomph to get the same effect.

Friggen awesome fin for back-kicks. I could keep up with people in reverse if you get what I mean. Not flat out, but if they were just cruising I could happily keep pace backwards. I did this for practice and was shocked how well they worked once i got the hang of it.

Wonder what the apparently new F3s and F4s will look like. I'd like some F1s but due to my circus small feet they are not an option unless I buy a drysuit and rock boots. I like my jets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom