Gulf Shores, AL recommendations (for July, 2013)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcf57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm gonna be doing the summer family vacation this year in Gulf Shores, Alalbama. Going in mid July for about a week. I have been certified since 2007 and usually only go a few times per year, but have about 40 logged dives. I want to dive this area when we go & will need to rent all of my equipment too so need to find someone who does it all.

One of the main dive shops that would be able to fit my needs while I am there seems to be 'Down Under Dive Shop'. Any other recommendations on who else to check out in this area that can both rent equipment as well as take me out to an area?

Down Under is a good operation. They will take you to some cool wrecks and have a nice big boat. They will also show you how to dive the Whiskey Wreck and the jetties/bridge which are shore dives. I went with them last summer for these dives and the Oriskany. I will be going back in July.

Dr Dive Sez: Down Under is good, a big boat experience. Also consider Gary's Gulf Divers, a 6-pak/smaller boat experience.

Ask about diving the LuLu, the soon to be newest reef in the Gulf. Also consider Pensacola as an option, please. Let us know how we can help.

Capt. Jim
Dr Dive

Dove with Reef last weekend on the LuLu...excellent dive. Nice, new boat configured for six divers but not the usual "six pack" layout. Give them a shout !!! With your level of experience, the smaller number of divers will be just what you need...no crowded/confused conditions above and below the water

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom