CMAS cards expiry date

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arcdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m a diver from Finland and I’m wondering about the expiry time of CMAS cards. I have received my CMAS 2 stars diving card in Israel from Israeli Diving federation in 1990. The card has no expiry date. Do you know if that card is still valid or does it need to be renewed? Can I dive in international diving centers with that card?

Here in Finland CMAS 1 star card has no expiry date, but every other CMAS card is only valid for 5 years and after that, it needs to be renewed.

I would check on the CMAS web site, although I checked it for your info but it's very confusing. I was issued a CMAS 1 star card by the YMCA SCUBA program in Chicago IL. It doesn't have a expiration date. I believe that no C-cards issued in the USA have any expiration dates on them. I went back into diving 2 years ago after being away from it for almost 30 years. I took a refresher course and I had no problems doing intermediate or advanced dives. I have my current dive log if anyone questions my recent experience. So far no one in the US or Mexico has refused to let me dive.
Good luck

Do you mean the www.cmas2000.org website? That website is very confusing. I even e-mailed them yesterday, but they haven't replied to me. So far I have been renewing my Finnish CMAS card every five years, but I have been wondering whether that is worth the while, since I may have a perfectly valid c-card, which doesn't need to be renewed every once in a while.

So you went back to diving, good for you! Where do you dive in the U.S. and how is the visibility there?

As far as I know, the only CMAS Cards that Expire, are Instructor level CMAS Cards, which have to be renewed every 5 years.

Hi,

I’m a diver from Finland and I’m wondering about the expiry time of CMAS cards. I have received my CMAS 2 stars diving card in Israel from Israeli Diving federation in 1990. The card has no expiry date. Do you know if that card is still valid or does it need to be renewed? Can I dive in international diving centers with that card?

Here in Finland CMAS 1 star card has no expiry date, but every other CMAS card is only valid for 5 years and after that, it needs to be renewed.

This is not correct, or more specifically it is no longer correct. Nowadays only instructor certs expire. Call the Finnish Diving Federation (Sukellusliitto) if you don't believe me. Below is from their website.

SOURCE: Sukeltajaliitto ry - Usein kysytyt kysymykset

CMAS P1 –kortti muuttui toistaiseksi voimassa olevaksi 1.9.1996 alkaen, CMAS P2 ja P3 –kortit muuttuivat toistaiseksi voimassa oleviksi 1.1.2006 alkaen. Näiden päivämäärien jälkeen tehtyihin uusiin CMAS-sukeltajakortteihin ei enää ole tulostettu viimeistä voimassaolopäivää.

That is to say
CMAS P1 card has changed to be valid for an indefinite period as of 1.9.1996. CMAS P2 and P3-cards became valid indefinetely as of 1.1.2006. After these dates new CMAS diver cards have no longer had expiration dates printed on them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom