GUE table for non decompression dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alewar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there!

During the CMAS* instruction we used the "deco 2000" tables to calculate the safety stops and no-fly time.
What does GUE use for planing non-decompression, recreational dives?

Thanks.

There's also a quick "on the fly" calculation that, while quite conservative, allows incredibly simple calculations of NDL's for standard gases.

I generally just use the on the fly calculation mentioned above.

However, I still carry the PADI table that I recieved in my OW class, and have referenced it every once in a while.

In Fundies they told us to just use whatever tables we were trained on, when we wanted to consult a table. Though I have heard that some fundies students have been provided with the GUE tables that GUE uses in their OW classes. Maybe as some agencies stop using tables, that will need to happen more often.

There's also a quick "on the fly" calculation that, while quite conservative, allows incredibly simple calculations of NDL's for standard gases.

Do you have a link explaining this calculation? It's the 120/20 rule, right?

I thought CMAS was/is using the MN90 tables ? Or maybe it is just the FFESSM ...
GUE will only recommend diving 32%, so nitrox table applies, and as Lucca_brassi mentioned, many people use
http://uwexplorers.net/downloads/dir...h_metric_A.pdf

It's unlikely you'll get more details as people are often careful to recommend any deco procedure, even for rec. Also it seems the recommendation for GUE for multiple dives has changed a bit and there are more details now in the latest fundamental course.

It's great to dive tables and start getting familiar with the on-the fly stuff, but there is nothing wrong with diving with a DC for sometimes either.
You can also dive with the computer, then compare with tables, and also download some software (many available as apps) and get familar with what you can do. After some time you get some better ideas on where your confidence level is and switch to only gauge mode, which i dont like to do for a week of rec diving, while many experience divers are ok with ).
And you can dive with GUE guys and see what they do.

Hi there!

During the CMAS* instruction we used the "deco 2000" tables to calculate the safety stops and no-fly time.
What does GUE use for planing non-decompression, recreational dives?

Thanks.

Do you have a link explaining this calculation? It's the 120/20 rule, right?

Its very simple.

Using 32% Nitrox

30 minutes at average depth of 30 meters
40 minutes at average depth of 27 meters
50 minutes at average depth of 24 meters

etc; add an extra 10 minutes for reducing depth by 3 meters.

After SI < 2 hours you get 50% of that for second dive
After SI > 2 hours you get 75% of that for second dive

I thought CMAS was/is using the MN90 tables ? Or maybe it is just the FFESSM ...

This is the table that's currently being used by CMAS Germany.

Bw0Fiaa.jpg

Now1FFF.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom