What you do when you aren't diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually develop and design my websites and also do projects for others websites too. So, when I am not into diving I spend my most of the time on computers preparing for website development.

I lecture engineering in ten week blocks which gives me time and funds and time off for diving around the world..I travel to dive not dive when im travelling hence why i dont like the term vacation diver...
When im not diving I play sax, mandolin, breed boxer dogs, breed and race tbred racehorses with some success (two out of three have been winners so not bad odds there) but am having a break from the sport of kings for a while. Am a single mum to my awesome teenage boys so a lot of fun there. When im travelling I do a bit of hiking and random spur of the moment volcano climbing - I live in a flat desert - and try and get a garden to stay alive through our harsh summers. I like cooking in winter - comfort food, as I am one of those lucky people who can eat anything and not put on weight thanks to a fast metabolism.
Im a mod on a travel blog site and spend a lot of time assessing the structural integrity of hammocks strung between palm trees gazing at my feet.
My actual field of study is Geomorphology so im an earthquake geek and have managed to dive through 5 of them including an 8.6 and an 8.2 in the same day - I also will lend a hand and volunteer when quakes strike populated areas. I have this little thing i like to do...I randomly show up and help then wander off. I do not volunteer with NGOs etc, I just show up and hand out sacks of food or help rebuild a shop after a quake tsunami cyclone or flood etc and walk away. I like being that lady that showed up and helped and walked off...when most people are flying out of disaster zones im flying into them.
Pretty boring really...and always planning the next trip. I also write blogs about my travels.

Bravo Wingy, inspiring !! really, which travel blog site?

I work in marketing for a major confectioner, but I also travel the country giving lectures on the history of chocolate. I'm also a part time MBA student with a year to go.

When I'm not working or scuba diving, I'm often riding my Harley, cycling, playing softball, or taking the occasional hour long helicopter flying lesson. I want to get my PPL, but scuba diving keeps eating up all my money :confused:

I'm retired from a job that had caused me to travel quite a bit internationally. Today, I focus my time on my wife and family/grand children. I keep myself busy by lecturing at a University (Hyperbaric Physiologist), flying, skiing and instructing wilderness adventure programs for youth-at-risk. Mountaineering has been a big part of my life, but I haven't been on a trek for a few years (something that I hope to change in the future).

For every hour I dive, I spend more time editing the video I shoot and writing about what I see. My life focuses around diving, eating and sleeping but I do throw in a fair bit of reading as well. I love my job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom