Inner Tube Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcgowman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anybody know what size/diameter inner tube is used on the corrugated inflator hose to retain the LP inflator hose?

Mine are starting to get a little worn. Would like to replace them. I hear they're just sections of standard mountain bike tire tubes, but there are seem to be a lot of sizes out there.

Thanks

I think 2"-2.5" will work. The best I can remember, I bought a couple 2.5" tubes for my harnesses and made a few for my hoses. I put 2-3 extras on so as one wears or breaks I have another ready to go.

1.5 -1.75 works great.

There you go; 1.5" to 2.5". :)
I guess it comes down to how tight /loose you want the "cinch". I guess smaller might be better if you want it tight and remember; the stuff stretches anyway. :wink:

I use my old road bike tubes for the LP inflator. My road bike has 23mm tires, and the tubes are 18-25 tires, but they are a little bit on the tight side. The ideal size would be 25-32c tube.

I use old mountain bike tubes for webbing, ie backup lights.

Hi Clay,

how do you have your corrugated hose and inflator rigged up?

Try black bungee cord.....It sits in the ridges of the corrugated hose and won't slide up/down the set-up........Also easier to get the inflator hose on and off.......Just leave a little 'tag end' on the bungee to grab.......

Go to target and get a kids 2 1/2" wide inner tube tire. Should be $6 max, its more than you will ever need for 1 rig. I use it on the LP inflator and on my shoulder straps to secure my lights and my line cutter. I use multiple loops to secure my knife handle and keep it form pulling out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom