Sinking the Lulu off AL coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RamblinManta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just read where a new artificial reef is being established off the Alabama coast this weekend. A boat named the Lulu is being sunk at about 110 ft. Anyone going to watch it or know anything else about it?

I will be diving it on Monday. It's a pretty big deal down here. I believe the sinking is tomorrow, Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice. Hope you post a dive report. Would love to hear all about it.

My understanding is the bottom will be at 109 and top at 50ft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sinking will be Sunday, around noon-ish; I will be there with the wife. We are diving it on Tuesday also.

It has to be in deep water to avoid being a hazard to maritime navigation. The LuLu is so tall that several feet of her highest point (antennae mast) had to be removed to ensure that she would not be too shallow. I think that the requirement is something like 60 feet, minimum depth to the highest point.

Pictures, and video to follow the sinking and diving.

Sinking went well and top of structure is at 60' and 110' ish to the sand.
Reports are She is upright on the bottom.

I will have pictures and video the first of the week.

I'm confirmed on the boat tomorrow morning. If I dive it, I will post pics and video tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom