What is the best way to keep my long hair out of the way when scuba diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings my daughter has very long beautiful hair that we shopped till we found a hood that would fit just right.
She wears the hood and has very good success with that.
When she desires she goes hoodless and uses a normal mask strap, Mermaid Style.
Her hairs goes everywhere but she has become quite adept at mask skills accommodating her long hair.
She has had it since OW training and never complained.

When her class was in the pool one of her adult males struggled with mask skills horribly.
It was brutal to watch him do the removal and replacement then observe my 11 year old daughter perform the skill with ease amongst flowing blond hair.
No the MALE was not me but would have been because I was as uncomfortable with this skill as he was in OW training.
DO NOT CUT IT OFF, unless you want to! Like so many other issues you will learn to accommodate it into your diving.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Oh, I forgot to mention that after I make the braids I pull them forward, over my chest, then put the wetsuit on over the top.
So you're sandwiching your braids between you and your wetsuit? Doesn't that create quite the tunnel for water to get into your suit continuously?

Lycra hood. Found hood trapped water in my ears sometimes so, I had a chick friend cut area that covers ears and hem it. Works great.

So you're sandwiching your braids between you and your wetsuit? Doesn't that create quite the tunnel for water to get into your suit continuously?

Nope, the hood keeps it all as one.

If anyone is looking for a way to keep your hair from getting tangled up while diving - try my head wraps!

www.aquamentality.com

I designed and manufactured them because I also have long hair and it gets tangled in the mask straps even when I braid it. I made these from 100% cotton, reversible with lots of fun designs, they fit better than the motorcycle do rags and won't slide off like lycra or neoprene. For me, these work beautifully and they are really durable. They are also made in the USA. :)

Check out my website, and if you have any questions, send me a PM or an email through the contact form on the site. Men and kids can wear them too!

Christa Waller Aquamentality Scuba Do Rags and hair wraps - Wett Your Head

Hubby doesn't have this issue at as he is completely bad (lucky duck).

Does he know you wrote that on a public forum? Tee hee!

Does he know you wrote that on a public forum? Tee hee!

:rofl3: Bill that post was made around two years ago and the poster has not been on the board for close to a year. So hopefully he forgave her.

Back
Top Bottom