Lost wedding ring -- grandfather left it to me when he passed away. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
So I'm sure this has to be some kind of record but I managed to lose my wedding ring within two weeks of being married. Worst part is, my grandfather left it to me when he passed away a few years back for me to have when I got married. I was out kayaking with my wife and friends on lady bird lake over the weekend and lost it while in the water. Needless to say, I am devastated at the very least. I have not told my mother yet because I had hoped to find it. I am not a certified diver (would like to be eventually) and I found out this weekend that I cannot hold my breath as long as I thought under water. Saturday we stayed out there for some time trying to dive for it. Sunday I went and purchased snorkeling gear with two friends and we dove for sometime as well with no luck. I am willing to offer a reward to anyone that can please help me out here, I would be eternally grateful. Please let me know if anyone is up to offer a helping hand and could possibly meet me out there sometime to take a look. I will be going every day after work until I find it. Thanks,

Jon

Where in the lake did you lose it. Are you sure of the location? This is a tough, however not impossible, body of water to locate a ring in. I have done it in the past.

An underwater 'metal detector' will be of help.

I was under the impression that diving at Lady Bird Lake was 1) not allowed and 2) a bad choice ( nasty water, vegetation... )

I was under the impression that diving at Lady Bird Lake was 1) not allowed and 2) a bad choice ( nasty water, vegetation... )
1) not entirely true with the right permission
2) I would rather dive Lady Bird than Lake Travis right now. I regularly dive in more hazardous conditions than Lady Bird.
3) For those that might be encouraged by this, practice untangling yourself from the weeds in a heavy current first

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom