Another fantastic Day at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maniago

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Viz was killer - at least 40' vertical, and better than that horizontal. Superb Memorial Day in the water. Wee bit chilly at 70' still, but otherwise very very nice. And the koy were quite friendly.
Thanks to Bill and Jerry for a great day. That said, if anyone finds Bill's GoPro video camera along the road, please rescue it.

Attachments

• IMG_5765.jpg
    IMG_5765.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 280
Where'd you lose the GoPro? I'm out there almost every weekend.

And yes, the visibility was killer this weekend! Except for the area around the stairs where the hardhat divers were kicking up the silt, vis was between 30-40 feet just about everywhere else!

Where'd you lose the GoPro? I'm out there almost every weekend.

We started at the stairs, then headed to the pump house and along the road on the way to the tanker. Bill had it at the stairs as I have a pic I took of him there with it on his head. We never made it to the tanker tho as I gassed out and we surfaced. We traced our steps on a second dive, but no joy. I'm sure it'll turn up and of course the video will ID us and the date. Might be awhile though....

49*F at 53'. Didn't venture any deeper than that this year.

What's water temperature ?

65 on the surface and 43 at 72' by the pump house. Haven't gone deeper than that, but my computer shows that theres no thermocline persay. I have some entries of 43 at 35', but again that was near the pumphouse and over the road somewhere....

I'll be down there this Sunday. Still using 7 mil wet. Those temps may finally push me into a dry suit. Nice when the visibility is that good!!

Back
Top Bottom